Flowers are like us - they love TLC! So when you get your flowers, make sure you do the following to maximise the vaselife of the bouquet:
- 1. Cut 2-3cm off the bottom of the stems. This removes the scab that may have formed at the bottom of the stem. Make a clean cut at an angle to maximise the area the flower can drink from - this also ensures that stems won’t sit flat on the bottom of the vase.
- 2. Remove any leaves that will be below the water line. This helps the water to stay clean.
- 3. Hydrate the flowers in plenty of fresh, clean water. Make sure to use a clean vase.
- 4. Feed using half of the flower food provided for the first 3 days then replace the water with fresh food for the next 3 days.
- 5. Display in a cool room out of direct sunlight...remember many of the flowers will have spent their entire lives growing up in the elements outside.