10 Steps to a Perfectly Cooked Turkey
Nature always pays back patience, and in return we have healthy meat with beautiful golden fat marbled throughout. This ensures your turkey is extra succulent, but because fat heats up faster than protein the bird will also cook faster than its cheaper equivalents.
- Let your turkey sit at room temperature for two hours before cooking.
- Pre-heat oven for at least 30 minutes at 180C, 350F or Gas Mark 4.
- Only stuff neck cavity to allow heat to circulate in the main cavity. This will reduce the cooking time and maximise the succulence of the meat.
- Place a seasoned onion in the cavity.
- Place the turkey break-side down to allow all the juice to stay in the breast.
- Turn the turkey upright for the last 30 minutes to brown the skin.
- Do not cover in tinfoil.
- The turkey is cooked when the coldest point with temperature probe is 65C.